Find out what steps to take if you’ve experienced an electric shock.
If you think you have just experienced an electric shock:
We define an electric shock as something that happens when a person makes contact with an electrical energy source. This causes electrical energy to flow through part of the body, causing a shock.
- Are there any noticeable burns to your skin?
- Have you experienced unconsciousness?
- Have you had difficulty breathing?
- Have you had seizures?
- Have you felt confused?
- Have you had any numbness, tingling, paralysis,
or vision, hearing or speech problems?
- Are you or do you think you are pregnant?
If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the above, immediately seek medical attention.