Believe Housing Australia staff will visit you regularly to see how you and the property are going. We’ll also make sure your house is in good order.
We will carry out an inspection with you when you move in — and again when you move out
We will visit you regularly to check on you and the property, and will always write to you at least seven days beforehand to let you know that we’re coming.
These inspections allow us to check over the property to ensure that everything is in good order. They also give you the opportunity to ask questions and tell us about any problems you’re having.
It’s your job to keep the house and garden clean and tidy. Here are some things to do before we visit.
We’re here to help, so if you’re still not sure what to do, please ask us.
Here are a few hints and tips to help you prepare for a property inspection
- Sweep or vacuum and wash all the tiled, timber and vinyl floors
- Vacuum the carpets and remove any stains
If you have any questions about cleaning the carpets, please ask us. We can suggest how to remove stains or recommend a professional carpet cleaner.
- Clean the windows and check for holes or tears in the screens
- Remove any marks from the walls and doors
Please ask us before you use sticky tape, blu tack or hooks on the walls or doors.
- Clean the stove top, grill, drip trays and oven (inside and out)
- Clean the extractor fans
The covers come off for cleaning. They’re easier to clean if you soak them in warm soapy water before giving them a scrub.
- Clean the bench tops and the cupboards (inside and out)
As bench tops can mark or burn very easily, always use a cutting board and never put hot pans on them.
Bathroom & Toilet
- Clean the shower alcove, floor and wall tiles, basin and bath
Remove any mould or soap scum. You can use vinegar or a suitable bleach product from the supermarket.
Avoid mould build-up by always using the extractor fan and opening the window when using the shower or bath.
- Clean the toilets — the bowl (inside and out), the seat and the cistern
Use vinegar, bleach or a suitable disinfectant product from the supermarket.
- Gardens, driveways and garages
Please look after the garden by watering the plants and lawns, weeding the garden beds and mowing the lawns. You don’t need to trim the shrubs or trees as we’ll do that. You just need to let us know if it’s needed.
- Remove oil marks from driveways and garages
Please put drip trays under your cars if necessary. Ask us if you need tips on how to remove oil stains.
- Take away all rubbish and old furniture from the house, yard, garden and sheds