Learn the do’s and don’ts to control mould throughout your property.
Mould can be found anywhere there is constant water on a surface. This may be in a humid environment, such a bathroom wall or ceiling, or just an area where water is always present, such as a kitchen sink or laundry. It is important to prevent mould growth inside the home as it can have negative health effects, such as headaches, hay fever, runny nose, and allergic reactions.
- Open windows and curtains during the day
- Use the bathroom exhaust fan when showering (with door or window open)
- Use a heater to warm up rooms in winter
- Keep wall and bench-top around kitchen sink dry.
- Wipe bath and bathroom floor dry after er use
- Dry wet clothes outdoors when possible
- Keep laundry door and window open when using clothes dryer
- Let us know if there is any pooling water outside, around the edge of the home.
- Don’t leave wet clothes, towels or shoes in bedrooms to dry
- Don’t leave worn or damp linen or clothes in bedrooms
- Don’t place kitchen sponge/wash cloths in cupboards when wet.
- If cupboards are wet or damp, leave the door open and let us know immediately by calling Maintenance (24/7) on 1800 688 000
How to remove mould
- Get prepared by wearing gloves and eye protection (don’t breathe in dust while cleaning)
- Mix together white vinegar and water
(80% vinegar/20% water)
- Wet cloth with the vinegar and water solution and wipe down the mouldy area.
- Repeat step 3 until the mould is removed
- Dispose of excess solution by tipping down the sink.