Making changes to your home
You may decide that you would like to pay for an improvement to your Believe Housing Australia home.
This could be for something like:
- an air conditioner
- internal decorating such as painting or new flooring
- a pergola
- a satellite dish or TV antenna
- a security screen
- a home security system
Before proceeding with the work, fill out the Property Modification Request and email it to
There are a number of things to be considered before changes and upgrades can be made to a Believe Housing Australia property.
Request a Property ModificationIf you'd like to make some changes to your home, here's how to do it.
What we need to know
Please tell us about:
- what you want to do and why
- specific details such as cost, type, make and model
- who is going to do the work
- how long it will take to complete
- what happens if you leave? What will you want to do about the changes you’ve made
to the property?
Things we consider
We will look at:
- the cost and if it’s value for money
- the impact on the building’s structure, appearance and future value
- the impact on future tenants
- who will do the work (for many upgrades, it will need to be a qualified tradesperson)
- compliance with local government regulations
We’ll notify you in writing within 30 days of receiving a fully completed Property Modification Form.
If the request to make changes is denied, we will always tell you why. If you disagree with the decision, you’re able to put in an appeal to have it reconsidered.
Believe Housing Australia will not fund disability modifications unless all other methods of funding have been exhausted.
However, in some situations, Believe Housing Australia are able to provide rails in the shower, toilet and main door areas to aid mobility. We can only do this if funding is not available from other support services.
All disability modification applications must be verified by a health professional.
Please talk to us if you’d like to know more.